Applicants wishing to pursue the M.Div degree must be admissible to both
McGill University and
to the United Theological College. Please refer to the McGill University website for full details of their admission requirements
UTC’s academic admission requirements dovetail with those of McGill University. In brief, the following may be helpful in determining academic eligibility.
- You will normally hold a bachelor’s degree or its recognized equivalent, with a CGPA of 2.70 or higher for admission to the two-year B.Th. degree programme.
- If you are over 26 years of age and “lack the academic background normally required for entry into the B.Th programme” you may apply for entrance as a Mature Student. If accepted, you will be enrolled in a qualifying year of designated Arts and Religious Studies courses. (see the McGill Calendar for details). Students in this qualifying year who achieve a CGPA of 3.00 with no grade less than 65% in their first term of study (=15 credits) are retroactively advanced into the 90 credit B.Th program. Otherwise students completing the qualifying year (= 30 credits) with a CGPA of at least 2.50 and no grade less than 60 % are then promoted to the 90 credit year.
If you are seeking admission to the United Theological College as a degree student you must also meet the following requirements:
- Satisfactory relationship with judicatory body of denomination for those seeking ordination
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership, and willingness to pursue spiritual and professional development
- Submission of supplementary written documentation (see Application forms) and an interview with College representatives.
How to Apply. (Campus-Based Degree Programmes)
- Students wishing to pursue the M.Div degree must make application to both McGill University and to Le Séminaire Uni / The United Theological College
- Application to McGill University is made online at McGill's website.
- For complete instructions on how to make an application to United Theological College, please download the Sorting It Out document and mail in all the required items by post along with supporting documentation and application fee. As outlined in the "Sorting It Out" document, you will need to fill out a Applicant Information Sheet
- You may opt to pay your application fee by mailing in a
Credit Card Payment Form
You may also request that a traditional print version of the application form be sent to you by calling (514)-849-2042 Ext 200, or by fax: (514)-849- 8634, or by email to email@example.com
- After review of the McGill and UTC application forms and supporting documentation, UTC will normally arrange for an interview with an applicant. This interview is intended to provide the student with the opportunity to be known to the College Community, its mission and ethos, while at the same time allowing both parties to discern whether UTC is the best environment for an applicant’s theological studies.